Today Jim and I did a stream showcasing a new Ghost installer for Reclaim Cloud that should automate a lot of common setup tasks that people run into when using Ghost. I’m really proud of this installer because I’ve put a bunch of time into making this thing really simple to use for folks who don’t have experience with Docker or Reclaim Cloud, but just want to get Ghost up and running quickly.
You can check out the video above, or jump to individual sections of the video via the chapter links below:
- 0:00 - Intro and starting the install
- 3:12 - What is Ghost? Why are we making a new installer?
- 10:42 - On Ghost as a blogging platform
- 11:55 - Disqus and Ghost’s lack of built-in comments
- 17:08 - Setting up Ghost and the Ghost dashboard
- 23:36 - Configuring Ghost via Reclaim Cloud Add-ons
- 25:32 - Updating your Ghost install
- 28:19 - Mapping a custom domain
- 33:09 - Setting up Mailgun for Newsletters
- 38:30 - Looking under the hood / Technical details